1) the “competitors coming to market” only validate the technology — and each of the vendors supposedly coming to market has baggage . example: virident does not work on msft operating systems. tms is full height only. etc. so here we now have another 100 sales reps running around finding deals for FIO — that’s what i see happening.
2) managing flash is rocket science and FIO has sucked up the best flash engineering talent over the past 18 months.
3) they get better component pricing advantage — volume and relationships w/ best-of-breed mftrs
4) the real competition is Violin and the centralized storage space
5) after the IPO, spending will be unlimited in terms of IP and sales landgrab — i anticipate scorched earth here
6) so whatever the market becomes in terms of gross dollars: FIO will still get the largest share