Recorded 11/20/09 at SC09, this Panel discussion entitled “Flash Technology in HPC: Let the Revolution Begin” was moderated by Bob Murphy, Sun Microsystems. Download for iPod
Abstract: With an exponential growth spurt of peak GFLOPs available to HPC system designers and users imminent, the CPU performance I/O gap will reach increasingly gaping proportions. To bridge this gap, Flash is suddenly being deployed in HPC as a revolutionary technology that delivers faster time to solution for HPC applications at significantly lower costs and lower power consumption than traditional disk based approaches. This panel, consisting of experts representing all points of the Flash technology spectrum, will examine how Flash can be deployed and the effect it will have on HPC workloads.
* Bob Murpy slides: “Flash Technology in HPC: Let the Revolution Begin”
* Paresh Pattani slides: “Intel SSD Performance on HPC Applications”
* David Flynn slides: “Fusion-io Solid State in HPC”
* Larry Mcintosh and Dale Layfield slides: “Sun’s Flash Solutions for
optimizing MSC.Software’s Simulation Products”
For more information, check out this Sun Blueprint: Sun Business Ready HPC for MD Nastran.
* Jan Silverman slides: “Spansion EcoRAM NAM Network Attached Memory“